Friday, August 15, 2008

July

I realized that we haven't written anything for awhile - so I thought that I would write a brief post. This last month was very busy for me. I finished the summer semester on Aug 4th with a 3.8 GPA, and have been enjoying a few days of rest before I start the next semester on the 20th. I have been using these days off to learn how to use Photoshop a little better (this blog background was my first attempt - don't worry, it will get better) and to get a head start on next semester.

In the last 2 weeks we celebrated birthdays for Brooke, my sister, and my mom. Brooke turned 30 on the July 30th. For her birthday I set up a scavenger hunt for her to find a series of small gifts which terminated at a coat that a friend Trevor and I had chosen out from backcountry.com.

Some other things that happened:
  • We helped my sister-in-law move from a townhouse in South Salt Lake to her new home in Syracuse - we were sad to have her move farther away, but her new house is very nice.
  • We went camping over the 4th of July with our friends John and Sharon. It was a very nice weekend. I tried my hand at fishing for the first time in 9 years - I definitely need more practice.
  • My car broke down, so we had a bunch of work done on it. Hopefully it will last a few more years.
  • Our friend Sharon has been put on bedrest for the last 10 weeks of her pregnancy, so Brooke has been spending time with her.
  • The gym in our church building was condemned, so we are going to start meeting in a different location while the building is repaired.
  • Next week I will be starting a new schedule at work. Tuesday & Thursday from 6am - 5pm, and Friday 12pm - 12am. Monday and Wednesday I will have school.
  • I met up with some friends that I haven't seen in awhile - Jake, Brian, Ben, and Aaron. Hopefully we will stay in better contact from now on. I have never been good at staying in touch with old friends.
  • And finally, we were able to take some friends of ours out to dinner at Tuscany as a retirement gift. He retired as chief of police in Park City. Next weekend we are going with them to Lagoon :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for the card and the giftcard hopefully by next year i will be home and we can celebrate the birthdays together.

Anonymous said...

How fun! Your blog is great. Our pictures turned out so good. We got a kick out of seeing them on your blog. We really enjoyed your company. Merry Christmas. Keep in touch. Tim and Tracy from Ohio