Tuesday, May 20, 2008

5K Races

For those of you who don't know, I have been running 5K's since 2004. I only do 2 or 3 a year with a few of my friends - usually we do Salt lake City, Ogden, and one that varies from year to year. This year I ran the SLC 5K in 32 minutes and 28 seconds, the Ogden 5K I did last weekend in 31 minutes and 29 seconds. My best time was in 2006 with 29 minutes and 35 seconds.

Most of these 5K's are done for charity, which is the reason that I started running them (normally I hate to run for fun), now I do it for the energy and the fun of the event. I even convinced Brooke to do it with me at the 2006 SLC 5K (she did it in 53 minutes and 48 seconds with her sister-in-law Cydnee. Normally Brenda, Cori, and Jake run them with me. Travis Tilley just finished his first one with us in Ogden.

I think that the next one I will run will be the Millcreek 5K or the Flying Moose Run at Snowbasin on June 14th. Give me a call if you want to come with us.

No comments: