Saturday, May 3, 2008

Nursing School

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have decided to go back to school and pursue a different degree. My original plan was to get accepted into the University of Utah's accelerated BSN program, which would take 1 year, and then get a masters degree as a CRNA, NP, or NE. I found out a few weeks ago that I was not accepted into the program .... so things have now changed (surprise).

I found out late Thursday night that I was accepted into a new program that the University Hospital has started with SLCC. It is a 2 year RN program that is followed by a 1 year RN-to-BSN program at the University of Utah. The frustration is that it will take much longer to finish the degrees, but the advantages are that 100% of books and tuition are covered by the hospital, and it will be a less intense curriculum. In the long run I think that this will work out better so that I can continue to work full time while attaining this goal. A while ago Brooke was joking that I was planning on being a lifelong student - now I think that I might believe her :-)

No comments: